We have two charts available from which you may choose. Bill Smallman’s chart is more complex, but is also infinitely flexible. I have developed a second chart which is more simple and straightforward; however, it is closely tied to the calendar year. Look over both options below and choose the one that meets your needs best.
(1) Bill Smallman’s Annual Bible Reading Chart
Bill Smallman of BMM has prepared an excellent Bible reading chart to encourage and motivate you to read the whole Bible through in one year. This chart is also available in Mandarin Chinese. Instructions for use are included with the chart. Download it, print it, and use it!
I love this Bible reading tool! Dr. Smallman’s chart is easy to use, flexible, motivating, and shows at a glance your progress in relation to the goals you have set for your systematic reading of the Bible. Of the many different charts, plans, and schedules I have personally used for my Bible reading over the years, I have found this one to be the best. I find 9 completed copies of this chart in my file from past years. Although it may appear a little intimidating at first glance, its function and use can be quickly understood. Whether you are just starting to read the Bible through for the very first time or you are an old hand at systematic Bible reading, you will find this chart to be a valuable tool to help you remain consistent and on schedule in your reading of God’s Word.
~ Pastor Hanna
The documents listed below are in PDF format. You will need the Adobe Reader (available as a free download) to view or print them. Click on a link below to open the file in your browser or to download it to your computer. If your browser is configured to automatically open PDF files, then after the file opens do the following: (1) select “File” from the top menu; (2) select “Save Page As…” from the drop-down menu that appears; (3) select a location and save the file to your computer.
|Original English Version||Chinese Translation Version|
(2) Matt Hanna’s Annual Bible Reading Calendar
I first developed and posted this Bible reading schedule for use in 2014 (see last year’s post here). I will keep this page current with a copies available for download for use in both the present year and for the upcoming new year. It may be downloaded as a PDF file in either English or Chinese versions. Please feel free to download it, print it, and distribute it for personal or church use. Drop me an e-mail or leave a comment below if you find it useful or have any suggestions for improving it.
Download Language File
- (English) Print on Letter size paper front and back by flipping the paper for side 2. Print on heavier paper for better results. (Chinese) Print on A4 size paper. The Chinese version is only single-sided.
- This document contains color, but should print acceptably in gray scale or black and white for photocopying. Let me know if you have problems with this.
- Tri-fold on the dotted lines: Fold the bottom third up (text inside); fold the top third back (text outside).
Directions for Use:
(The following instructions also appear on the back of the calendar.)
- Keep this calendar with your Bible. Mark each day that you read by crossing out or highlighting the date. Aim to read your Bible every day!
- Read consecutively, beginning at Genesis 1. To complete the Bible in one year, read 23 chapters per week (3 chapters every weekday and 4 chapters every Saturday and Sunday). On the right hand table, mark or highlight each chapter after you read it.
- After finishing a row of 23 chapters, put a mark in the corresponding checkbox (center column) to indicate completion.
- Use the center column to monitor your progress by comparing the completed rows (chapters read) with the current week on the calendar. If you should happen to fall behind, then read an extra chapter per day until you catch up. (The Psalms are a good place to catch up or get ahead.)